A Resolution Passed by Chongqing Yuzhong District Government in Support of
Business Headquarter and Accelerated Development of the “Headquarter Economy”
29 September 2006
In order to further enhance the gathering and radiative capability and competitive edge of urban district; achieve a continued fast economic growth in Yuzhong District, a Resolution for supporting business headquarter and accelerated development of the “headquarter economy” is passed by the district government, which is outlined as the following:
1. The Importance of supporting business headquarter and accelerated development of the “headquarter economy”
1) The “headquarter economy” means an economic form which drives economic development by the presence of headquarters or regional offices of a transnational company or large business entities; it generates a strong industry multiplier, tax contribution, overall consumption and brand effect. As Chongqing’s center of trade, commerce, finance, information, culture, as well as a “window” of opening up, Yuzhong District possesses a sound environment, practical foundation and comparative advantage for development of “headquarter economy”. It is an important initiative of the District to seize the opportunity and utilize its advantages to prompt the “headquarter economy” so as to develop the District’s economy, enhance regional economic vigor, strengthen its comprehensive service functions, intensify its gathering and radiative capabilities, which will be of a great significance to a further extension of the influence, reputation and competitive edge of Yuzhong District.
2) The guiding philosophy for accelerated development of the “headquarter economy”:
To uphold the “3 Represents” ideology as the guidance; build a scientific development concept; to be based on Chongqing and serve Chongqing while covering other parts of China and the world; intensify the function of industry and policy guide; shape a sound environment which best suits business and living requirement so as to attract the presence of a large number of headquarters or regional offices of large business entities such that a strong flow of capital, information, merchandise and people is gathered in the District to the benefit of promoting the District’s economy to a new stage and to the benefit of making its positive contributions to building Chongqing into an economic center in upper reaches of Yangtze.
2. To shape a sound environment for accelerated development of “headquarter economy”
3) To endeavor to build perfect business facilities. To speed up road construction and refurbishment; lay stress on important linkage and transit; make perfect smart parking guidance system; enhance scientific management; and improve urban transportation. To build a “Digitalized Yuzhong District”; construct a multi-layer information system to provide an easy, fast and complete information service. To endeavor to prompt construction of the Jiefangbei CBD and continue to improve all supportive functions so as to build the CBD into a No.1 CBD in West China, as well as a most charming signage of a modern megacity. To strengthen guidance to building located industries; encourage an upgrade of hotels and office buildings within the District at higher international standard. In the meantime land remediation and reserves are going to be enhanced; land use efficiency is going to be raised; thus to provide sufficient premises for headquarters of business entities.
4) Endeavor to shape a civilized and harmonious environment for people. To elevate the quality of urban culture; carry out construction of a number of premium cultural and entertaining facilities to enable more cultural and recreational activities. To be people centric and to strengthen construction of spiritual civilization; continue the elevation of citizen’s basic quality and the level of urban civilization. To raise urban management level; promote townscape development; strengthen environmental and ecological construction so as to build a nice, clean and tidy urban environment. To intensify construction of a “Safe Yuzhong District”; and enhance public order to build a safe and orderly society.
5) To endeavor to build an efficient and open government. To focus on construction of a responsible government, a “suny government” and a service oriented government which performs its administration according to law and operates in a standardized, clean, fair, transparent and efficient manner. To further make clear the responsibilities of each department; simplify work procedure; reduce licensing items; and raise work efficiency. To further enhance an opened performance of governmental affairs; make perfect the exchange and communication platform between enterprises and government. To firmly put down illegal or arbitrary charges and penalties; further clear off administrative fees to cut down the operational cost of enterprises. To standardize market order and build a sound social credibility system.
3. Policies and Measures in Support of Business Headquarter and Accelerated Development of the “Headquarter Economy”
6) Enterprises to be Supported:
(1) An enterprise which is registered with Administration of Industry & Commerce and with Taxation Bureau of Yuzhong District while its settlement and taxation are completed in Yuzhong District, an enterprise which has set up subsidiaries or branches outside of Chongqing, an enterprise whose income tax is paid in Yuzhong District and its non-independent subsidiary or branch’s statistics is brought into the statistics of Yuzhong District (inclusive of real estate enterprises). The above 3 mentioned conditions should be fulfilled at same time.
(2) Non business oriented headquarters (inclusive of municipal administrative holding groups)
7) Policies in Support of Business Headquarters:
(1) A new business headquarter in the District which has achieved a sales volume of RMB100 million Yuan or above and has contributed VAT, Business Tax and Corporate Income Tax totaling to RMB1.00 million Yuan or above in a year shall receive back 50% of the district portion of its paid VAT, Business Tax and Corporate Income Tax for the first 3 years starting from the date of establishment; the 30% of the paid back amount shall be used as an award to the management of the enterprise.
(2) An enterprise in the District which has contributed VAT, Business Tax and Corporate Income Tax totaling to RMB3.00 million Yuan or above in a year shall receive back 3% of the district portion of its paid VAT, Business Tax and Corporate Income Tax as an award to the management of the enterprise. In case of an increase of contributions to the District in a year, 20% of the increase which goes above 10% increase shall be used as an award to the management of the enterprise.
(3) An enterprise in the District which has achieved a sales volume of RMB500 million Yuan or